hello from Pittsburgh

9 Replies

Hi,

My name is Dan and I am new to real estate investing. I moved from Columbus, OH to Pittsburgh a little over a a year ago. Found this website and hope to use it to further my knowledge. I spent 5 years in the maintenance/real estate division for a grocery store chain dealing with landlords.

I recently became a residential property manager for a local company since I moved here and currently manage around 100 properties. One of my goals is to start investing for myself.

Hi Dan. Welcome to BP!
Check out this discussion we had on useful sites for Pittsburgh investors. http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/517/topics/76838-useful-sites-for-pittsburgh-investors
Hope it helps.

Hey Dan,

Welcome aboard. Happy investing and Cheers!!

@Dan S welcome from Sacramento, CA! You must know all the ins and outs of holding rentals. Let's get you started on the ownership path.

Pull the trigger already - why-don't-ya :^)

Welcome @Dan S ! Glad to have you here!

Feel free to throw up a picture and fill out your profile when you can. It's a great way for people to connect with you and feel comfortable reaching out and interacting - helping to grow your business and knowledge! Keep in touch sir!

Welcome Dan. You manage more properties than most of us, time to manage your own.

What do you want to buy?

Welcome, no better time than now, no better place than here.

thanks @Brandon Turner , i think i got most of it filled out, please let me know if I am missing something.

I just want to say I am so glad to meet @Kenneth E. , this guy has been open arms and made my first ACRE meeting so successful. He has a lot of knowledge and so glad I can learn from him.

thanks @Jon Klaus , my goal is to start slow. I made a lot of mistakes dealing with my college years, so ultimately I think I will focus on the lower rents of the area until I build my portfolio.

I have been pretty successful so far on the rehab/buy & hold philosophy so far and while I rather deal with the better tenants, I know most of my bread and butter is lower rent/section 8 tenants.

I have gotten my company on board trying to purchase the buildings next to ours to increase our property worth, so I feel like they believe in me, but it would be nice to have my own....

@Dan S Thanks for the comments. Glad you had a good time! Like I said though, the meetings are downhill from here since the christmas party last week is the only one of the year with an open bar. :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here