• San Diego, CA
Votes |
Novice Investor Based in San Diego, CA!

Mark Huang
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Jan 26 2020, 19:30

What's up BiggerPockets!

My name is Mark and I am a newbie RE investor based in San Diego.  I've been a long time lurker and podcast listener and kept putting off making an intro.  The community is what makes BP and it's only right I become an active member.

Background: I've lived in SD for about 10 years and am working as a mechanical engineer.  I've always loved real estate since I was a kid.  I'd read the real estate section in the news paper, looking at the floor plans and what houses were for sale.  I would draw scale floor plans and elevation views of my dream homes for fun. My favorite show was HGTV's house hunters.  Seems a little strange for a 10 year old, looking back on it.  My family also has a few properties they've acquired over the years throughout California, but I wouldn't classify any of them as "investors".  They're pretty hands off about it and aren't interested.  I've been itching to start growing our portfolio to build us a small empire and I know the only way to do it is to just dive in.  I bought my first multifamily property in City Heights in 2019 and have been having a blast!  My goal is to continue to acquire buy and hold properties and using existing ones to fund my next ones.  It'd be awesome to become an agent/general contractor/property manager and making BRRRing my job.

I've learned most of what i know from BiggerPockets books (book on rental prop investing, set for life, long distance real estate) and the forums.  Really excited to get active on the forums and connect with local, like minded people.  I am currently seeking lawyers and CPAs, but open to anything!

Loading replies...