Newbie looking to learn about house hacking in NJ.

16 Replies

Hi All - 

I've been a lurker on here for a while but never really used my account. My name is Enrique, I currently live in San Francisco with my wife and cat, Salem. We moved out here for my job almost 2 years ago but are looking into moving back to Northern New Jersey (specifically Bergen County) within the next year. 

We're planning to try our hand at house hacking for the first time - I'm looking for resources, connections, friends, advice - anything you think would be helpful! 

Thanks,

Enrique

Hi Enrique!

I have been house hacking in Massachusetts for 3 years now with my family and if you have any questions I will be more than happy to be your friend! I think that you and family can benefit from living in the same building with new or existing tenants! So if you have any questions or need advice, just reach out! 

@Enrique P. Hey Enrique!

I am looking for my first house hack too but in south jersey. There are a lot of meetups in north jersey I'd recommend checking them out! Also, The House Hacking Strategy book has been really helpful for me. It might be a good read for you if you haven't already.

I'm in the NJ market. I can connect with you some resources. Shoot me a message !  

@Enrique P.

Hi Enrique. I think you might be a couple months ahead of me. I plan to start investing in the next couple months, with my specific strategy being house hacking. I’m in the Louisville area. I’d like to connect to share tips and tricks as we grow as investors.

@Enrique P.

Welcome BP! You'll find that the investor community here is very knowledgable and always willing to help others succeed. I've been house-hacking a 4-plex here in Louisville, KY since early 2019 and have experienced a world of benefit from executing the strategy.

If you're available next Thursday, we're hosting a virtual meeting with Craig Curelop, a BiggerPockets contributor and the best-selling author of "The House Hacking Strategy"

During the call, he will share his story about how he got started in the real estate and explain how you can use the house-hacking strategy to achieve financial independence faster than you ever thought possible. After his presentation, we will open up the floor for a Q&A session. Here's the link to RSVP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/838412-house-hacking-your-way-to-wealth?page=1#p4929319

It may be worth hopping on the call to learn and connect with other prospective house-hackers.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

All the best,

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you