Owner said he do not want to redeem

4 Replies

I recently purchased a tax deed in Jefferson county AL. I spoke with the owner and he said he is not going to redeem but the house has tenants. I told him the tenants can stay as long as they pay me rent. What is it I need from him showing that he is giving up all redemption rights on the property  

Originally posted by @Gabriel Nash :

I recently purchased a tax deed in Jefferson county AL. I spoke with the owner and he said he is not going to redeem but the house has tenants. I told him the tenants can stay as long as they pay me rent. What is it I need from him showing that he is giving up all redemption rights on the property  

That's a question for a local attorney or a local escrow and title company. Sounds like it's worth pursuing tho'. Congratulations.

Originally posted by @Cornelious Cobb :

@Tai Bhattad if you and the owner agree can you right your own quiet claim or deed with the owner?

My bad on the delay... didn’t get the notice but you can write your own quit-claim deed... if this is the intended question.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you