Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
New Member Introductions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Trevor Mcamis
Votes |
Interesting Jump Start - Little About Myself

Trevor Mcamis
Posted Feb 21 2020, 21:48

Hey guys, I am brand new to the forum but looking to immerse myself further into the real estate field. I am already in a very interesting real estate field but looking to get more into the investing side and learn about it. I have a ton of tools, resources, data, skill-sets and right now I am exploring how to best leverage them. I don't really have a specific niche that I am looking into at the moment so any input or suggestions would be helpful (but I think most of this is just preference, something I have to continue to explore personally).

Quick snippet about me, I have been working for a property tax appeal company for about 9 years(with the exception of the year I took off to move to Greenwich Village Manhattan and did some extensive traveling while one of my companies was thriving). I am now the Executive VP of Marketing and Technology for that company. I was able to scale the business 54% from 2017 to 2018 and from 114% from 2018 to 2019 without increasing marketing costs (in fact I cut them 56% and tripled our reach). Most, if not all, companies in our industry are downsizing and cutting staff in this market (we thrive in a down economy). I have always been an entrepreneur at heart even though my current situation is a 9-5. I am still very young and have owned multiple businesses of my own on the side I have had my successes and failures all of which I learn something new. One company at one point I was profiting $3k a day in its peak. Another company I established an office in Pakistan filled with 10 employees with coding and web development skill sets.

Just to highlight a few things that I have working for me that the typical newbie I don't think would have:

• I have access to costar, parcel quest and Sandicor
  • I have the ability to code python (aka scraping data from the internet)
  • Any web coding, website maintenance, etc... that I can't do myself I can get done for very affordable prices because of my established relationships to talented individuals in Pakistan
  • I have built scrapers on sites to pull Tax Delinquent Properties in certain parts of California, so I have large lists of tax delinquent properties all with mailing addresses
  • I have access to all of the tax roll data in California
  • I have the ability to analyze certain markets in California using data science
  • GIS experience to map that data and explore hotspots of certain scenarios (like new construction)
  • I have extensive knowledge of Direct Mail Marketing
  • I have spent easily over $500k of my own money between social media ads, ppc, and native ads running all the campaigns myself
  • I already have a ton of contacts in the real-estate world brokers, appraisers, people who know how to value properties all of which would be willing to help me for free or cheap depending on the situation
  • I know how to automate repetitive business processes to reduce company overhead
  • I obviously have resources to property tax appeal experts that specialize in California properties that would be key to bringing more to my bottom line

I have a lot more skill-sets aside from these but don't want to get too braggy ;). Interested to see what you guys have to say and very excited to be here to learn.

PS. I also owned a chicken farm in Pakistan at one point. I usually just tell people I am a retired Pakistani chicken farmer because everything above is much too complicated to explain. ;P

Loading replies...