An Excited Investor in the PNW

2 Replies

Hi there!

My name is Dane Larsen and I'm from a town outside of Bellingham in the northwest corner of Washington State. My primary personal goal is to build a portfolio of ten long term rentals, allowing me to take more calculated risks in my business. I am currently in the search for a home that would allow me to house hack for a year. I'm currently using my direct mailing system to reach out to a variety of local owners. Also, I am constantly reaching out to people in the industry up here in Whatcom County. Lastly, I scan the MLS daily and analyze potential deals that fit my criteria.

I hope to use the systems that I’ve developed to help bring deals in an appreciating market to those that are outside the local area. If I can be the investor on the ground that helps provide a deal to benefit someone that isn’t familiar with the market, then I’d consider myself a happy man. Hopefully one day, I will be able to do business with you to diversify your portfolio in my local area!

Hey Dane! Welcome to BiggerPockets!

You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What's the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

1. Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

2. Attend the FREE WEBINARS

3. Attend a Meetup in Your Area

4. Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

5. Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions!

If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

Definitely check out REAPS!  They have all kinds of meetings.  There are wholesalers there and other investors that may have the perfect property for you.  They always have quality education and it's a really fun group.  I'm from Denver and try to attend every time I'm in the greater Seattle market.

Welcome to the BP family!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you