Hello from Canada eh.

7 Replies

Hi everyone. My name is Stephen and I am a neophyte REI from Ottawa, Canada.

I first started looking to invest in my own back yard, but found that the market was too hot, making it difficult to generate positive cash flow. Now I am investigating the U.S. looking for foreclosures that I can rehab, rent out and then refinance to get my capital back. I am open to suggestions about emerging markets, resources to find deals and sources for financing (I am pretty certain that I will run out of $$$ at some point).

Looking forward to interacting with you all and learning lots.

Welcome aboard Stephen, plenty to read and learn here. Enjoy the ride.

welcome aboard, If you have questions dont be afraid to ask

@Stephen Fryer - Ottawa is a bit of a tricky market to get positive cash flow. If you're still looking to invest in Canada, feel free to contact me. I am a realtor specializing with investors in KW/Cambridge (Top 6th town to invest in Canada according to REIN). I have a whole team here to take care of your investment. Talk to you soon!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Look forward to connecting with everyone.

Josh you asked if I had any deals yet or had identified a market. At first I thought that I would investigate some of the sexy (warm) markets, but found that prices were a little higher for multi-family units. I was searching for duplexes, triplexes and quads. Some of the emerging markets in the north appear to have better value. I am certainly open to suggestions.

Stephen

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you