Votes |
New to BP & RE Investing: Alex Hiller

Alex Hiller
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Springfield, MA
Posted Apr 7 2020, 16:46

Hello Bigger Pockets community! 

I just wanted to introduce myself as a new BP member and investor. My name is Alex Hiller from Springfield, Massachusetts. I am new to RE investing, but am eager to interact and learn from BP members/investors and help those getting started as I gain more knowledge and experience. I started my real estate investing journey a couple months after I purchased my first house in October 2019, a 3 bed/1 bath ranch as my primary residence. I originally got close to purchasing a duplex with plans to house hack, but that fell through at the last minute on behalf of the seller. I plan to rent this out starting this year or next year at the latest. The property is in a nice neighborhood close to a University with rents that I believe would create a $200-$300 cash flow in the beginning. I hope to find a live and flip off market deal or a multifamily to house hack as my next residence. 

I  have been networking, reading, and listening to as many audio books and podcasts as I can to put myself in a better position to pull the trigger on my first investment property. I have my girlfriend who I live with who is also getting into investing/wholesaling, a partner in place that works in insurance that wants to begin buying investment properties with me, and my father on my team. My father is a former full time real estate agent, but still has his license and helps family and friend purchase houses. I am beginning to do driving for dollars to find potential off market deals that I can buy fix up and rent out, or wholesale to some cash buyers I have networked with.

I graduated with an environmental science degree from Westfield State University and am currently still working my 40 hour a week job as a GIS Analyst mapping out the city's infrastructure. I hope to one day generate enough income from rentals to allow myself a way out of the 9-5 life. I'm also a part time musician, singer songwriter, lead guitarist and vocalist in a band. 

I look forward to getting to know everyone, learning as much as I can, and creating a path to financial freedom. I appreciate the opportunity to do so in a friendly and welcoming environment such as Bigger Pockets. I look forward to talking with you! 

Thank you,

Alex Hiller 

Loading replies...