New to Wholesaling in Maryland

1 Reply

Hi I’m new to the Maryland area and I’m about to begin the wholesaling process out here. Does anyone know of any real estate attorneys in the state of Maryland that handles wholesale contracts/deals?

Welcome to Maryland!

Not sure what type of closings you do in NC, but in Maryland we use title companies who have their own attorney.

You will want to find investor-friendly title companies who are used to dealing with more creative types of deals. I can tell you from experience that most real estate attorneys will tell you they can handle these type of deals. But when you actually bring them something a little off the beaten path, they either can't do it or try to charge multi-thousands of dollars for the extra time it will take them to actually use a little brainpower to do the paperwork.

I currently use 2 title companies for my wholesale deals, but can't fully recommend them as I am not 100% satisfied with either of them. Most of my deals are pretty straightforward (simple contract assignments), but sometimes I do get creative and get the reactions described above. So I'm still shopping for the best title company.

Your best bet is to connect with local wholesalers and ask around. 

However, if you are doing "simple" assignment/wholesaling deals, send me a message and I can give you names of title companies that you can check out.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you