Excited to be here! Greetings!

8 Replies

Good Evening Bigger Pockets Community,

I wanted to take a quick minute to introduce myself as i try to emerge myself in the amazing community of REI!

My name is Jason & i currently work at a local pharmaceutical company doing Supply Chain Management & Logistics in the Albany, NY area. I was inspired to get into REI as for the past few years i have seen the success my brother in law has had with "house hacking" It really opened my eyes up to Real Estate.

Over the past 5 months or so, i have been quietly "lurking" in the background. I have read most of Brandon's books, Rich Dad Poor Dad & i have to say i have been truly inspired, attended a lot of the free webinars & have been listening to a few podcasts a week to stay fresh. I am hungry, ambitious, motivated and ready to take my life to the next level and willing to do whatever it takes.

The main thing i am looking for from REI, is financial freedom as i think most of us are looking for. The idea of being in the rat race for another 35-40 years quite frankly scares me. I do not want to be like every average Joe pumping money into my 401K, because it's safe.

I could probably go on for another 8 paragraphs so i will stop here- i would love to connect with like minded individuals in the Albany/ Troy, NY Area or anyone in general. It's important to surround yourself with people trying to do the same thing as you and that is a big reason to why i am here.

Feel free to reach out & i look forward to talking to everyone more!

Thanks,

Jay

Welcome Jason! I'm a newbie in Albany as well, congrats on taking the first steps towards REI and financial independence! I'm usually asking more questions than answering but I'd be happy to connect and talk more. Keep us posted on your progress and best of luck going forward!

Meghan

Originally posted by @Russell Grevler :

Welcome @Jason Maguire, good luck on your search! It exciting and don't be scared to take the first big step! If you need a solid real estate agent for the Albany/Troy area, happy to refer you a couple, as well as a loan officer I swear by.

Hi Russell- thank you for the words of encouragement! Would love to have a few great loan officer/ agents in the area to choose from & build a relationship with. Just invited you to connect!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you