Aspiring Real Estate Investor

6 Replies

Hello BP world! As you all probably have done, I've binged watched the bigger pockets podcasts, house tours, quick tips, etc. on YouTube. I just can't get enough of it! I'm an impressionable guy, and I can get romanticized when it comes to work; that is, I convince myself whatever I am doing or interested in in that moment is the best thing ever. With real estate investing, however, I see the long term benefits. It's impressed on me like no other topic that's piqued my interest before.

I do not currently own a property, but I would love to jump in and start investing. I'm renting an apartment in Phoenix, AZ and working an 80 hour week job, and I really would like to get out of this rat race. If anyone is in the Phoenix area, or if you would simply like to connect, please reach out!

Welcome! We're in a similar boat... total noobs, but committed to jumping in here in the next 9 months or so... or sooner if there's a way!

@Luke Davis sounds like you're catching the RE bug! I'd love to connect and hear a little bit more of what you're looking to accomplish. I'm sure 80hrs a week doesn't provide much time to network but BP is a great place to start!

Hey Luke, I'm in a similar boat. gearing up to make the jump from podcast binger to actual investor. Trying to find what market to jump into. I'd be interested in sharing info back and forth on your local market. You pick a few properties and I'll run the numbers, you run the numbers and then we can compare notes. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you