Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Lamb
  • New to Real Estate
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Boulder, Alaska digital nomad: Hello!

Jeremy Lamb
  • New to Real Estate
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Sep 21 2020, 23:56

As stated, I've familiarized myself with different parts of the country for different reasons, (Army, commercial fishing, love of outdoors) and I've been listening to the BP podcast for a while now.  I thought I'd come make my introduction. 

I've recently moved back to Indianapolis where I grew up, and I'd like to start by house hacking in the area.  Eventually, I'd like to expand to owning rentals and BRRRRing in multiple areas of the country where I've seen value.  I'm interested in building capital to fund this through wholesaling and flipping. 

I feel like my lack of experience in the real estate industry puts me at a disadvantage.  I'd like to gain a marketable skill to add value to an investment team, or to an investor who'd be willing to share some knowledge.  I thought I'd become a licensed home inspector to achieve this.  Are there any other skills or licenses that anyone would recommend instead?  I'm assuming real estate agents are a dime a dozen, and I don't think that license would help me really SEE a property the same way I would as a home inspector.  

I've researched and narrowed down the schools, but if anyone has knowledge on which one might be more worthwhile, I'd love to know!  (InterNACHI, AHIT, ABSBI, ATI, HII, HTI, ICA) 

I look forward to meeting with some of you in the future; if anyone in the Indianapolis, Cleveland, or Louisville area would like to share some knowledge and a cup of coffee on me, hit me up!

Shoutout to Joshua Dorkin, Brandon Turner, David Greene, and all of YOU for making this community what it is!

THANKS

Loading replies...