• Investor
  • Philadelphia
Votes |
New Member Introduction from Philadelphia PA

Tanner Kirkpatrick
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia
Posted Nov 20 2020, 05:39

Hello All! My name is Tanner Kirkpatrick, and I am 25 years old. I currently hold a full-time position as a Systems Engineer (3 yrs) and have recently discovered my obsession for Real Estate Investing primarily through BiggerPockets. As a quick background, I am originally from Carlisle PA, graduated from Gettysburg College in 2017 with a BS in Physics and minor in Mathematics. I have been a resident of Philadelphia for just over 3 years now (Northern Liberties/Fishtown) and reside in Rittenhouse area today. Similar to most, college loans have left me in a significant hole of debt and the corporate 9-5 grind has not provided much financial growth, so my motivation to educate myself and develop multiple sources of passive income is high in order to reach financial freedom.

BiggerPockets has taught me all that I know through the forums, webinars, books, and countless hours of podcasts. The support and guidance provided I observed early on from the BP community, made the decision to join a no-brainer. I am very excited to continue interacting, learning, and building new connections moving forward.

I'm in the process of developing my entrance plan into REI that will get me involved sooner rather than later. Given my limited savings and student debt, I am looking to gain experience with wholesaling (to generate capital) and house-hacking (to decrease my rent and focus more income on paying off debt). Once I have raised enough capital, my goal is to begin BRRRR-ing single and multifamily houses.

I welcome any recommendations/tips on getting started. I appreciate you taking the time to read this post.

Tanner

Loading replies...