Potential First Time Buyer

1 Reply

Hi, I'm coming from NC and interested in buying my first property, but it was mentioned to me that starting a property management company LLC and then buy the property under that umbrella may be the way to go because it would reduce the liability on myself when buying/maintaining the property. Is this good advice? Is there another way to get started to be for beneficial? Do I need or would it be very beneficial for a real estate license? I have no background in real estate other than books and podcasts, so I want to make sure I take a step in the right direction. Can anyone recommend any articles, books, or videos to help me get started?

Welcome to BP @Gavin McDonald ,

If I understood correctly you're already looking to set up your business before starting your investment career. I'm in quite similar position except I already bought a property in my own name. Hehe, going back I'd wish someone would of recommended BP episode #109 You will get sued. Here's how to survive with attourney Scott Smith.

There are many more BP episodes out there that explain somewhat how to build your business. Having said that, of all 131 episodes I've listened to thus far, this one explains it in most detail about the why and how and even has a bonus tip that lawyers don't necessarily tell their clients.

Feel free to reach out and connect as I'm also looking to create the business structure before diving in (again, lol) with more investing.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you