Hello! New Pittsburgh, Pa investor

12 Replies

Hello BP, I'm a brand new real estate investor looking to purchase my first property in the Pittsburgh, Pa area sometime in 2021. I'm looking for meet ups and networking with fellow investors, real estate agents, and contractors. I'm learning a lot just by being apart of BP, a little overwhelming but definitely useful.

Hi @Reginald Murphy --welcome to the site and the forums! I imagine that it's a little overwhelming but most people on here are great. You might find meet-up groups on FB in addition to on here, and since things are virtual these days, you could probably even join groups in other cities and states. Best of luck and feel free to contact me if I can offer any help.

Hi Reginald, welcome to the site, and good luck getting started.  Feel free to reach out if you've got any questions.

@Reginald Murphy

Welcome! Meetups are few and far between with COVID though some have gone virtual or outside.

I was running one pre covid for south hills of pittsburgh and will be starting that up at some point. I don't know when though, but probably when it is deemed ok to meet in groups inside again.

@Reginald Murphy Hi Reginald, Welcome to the forum. Pittsburgh is a strong market for investors, both local and remote to the area. You've really got to know the areas to look into a those to avoid. I've lived here my whole life and have seen this remarkable city change for the better. 

@Gary Swank

Thanks for the information! I've lived here my whole life as well but have never been interested in real estate investing until now. I'm in the process of trying put together my core four. I would love to work with an investor friendly agent like yourself.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you