Matthew Michalski
  • Saint Paul, MN
Votes |
How to start at a young age?

Matthew Michalski
  • Saint Paul, MN
Posted Jun 9 2013, 22:00

Hey,
I'm Matt and I'm 16 years old. I'm obsessed with real estate and have been for awhile now. I have been going to open houses every weekend for years and often spend my time after school or at night on BP or zillow or like websites. I know it is virtually impossible for me to get involved in real estate as I am only 16, however, I am curious as to if anyone had any interesting or creative ways that I would be able to. My latest idea for starting at a younger age is getting into wholesaling real estate. I do have a job and have had one since i was 14. however i still have such a limited budget to really be serious about putting much money down for anything. That is why wholesaling has become an interest of mine. I live in Minnesota and was wondering if there would be any restrictions to me "owning" a property with the intention to assign a buyer to it being under 18? Overall I am curious as to what everyone thinks of trying to get into real estate, or specifically wholesaling while still being under 18? Thanks in advance for the advice, opinions, and knowledge.
Matt

Loading replies...