Just starting out & had 2 questions if you any one has input:
1. Where should I search for deals? I’m in the Long Island, ny area & often check Zillow - but can rarely find good affordable properties for sale.
2. Would it be better for me to stay in the Long Island / NY area when searching? Or should I explore out of state?
Thanks all for your help
Hi @Shalinder Latkha , it sounds like you are looking for a buy and hold deal. If so, Long Island may not work unless you are doing some sort of direct-to-seller marketing or calling. Think about your market and the competition there... TONS. It is difficult to find deals on the MLS in large markets due to the competition. If you are stuck on your immediate market then I'd suggest focusing on the old or expired listings and reaching out to those sellers to offer. Otherwise, I'd look outside of you market. I actually invest in upstate NY and my immediate market is tough to cashflow in - Atlanta, GA.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you