Newbie from St. Louis Missouri

8 Replies

Hello My Name Is Joshua Mazzotti , I'm 27 and I'm from Peru so I speak Spanish as well.

I currently live in St. Louis , I have a contracting business , I'm into fitness a lot to, I got into real state investing a year ago. It start in 2018 when I read Rich dad poor dad, I have always think about housing as the way to go , and that the 9-5 and retirement wasn't it, after that book I just star reading more and more books about mindset , money, finances, etc.

I'm currently fixing my first house to put in back in the market to rent it, I would love to connect with people who are in the same page as me , to learn and growth. 

Thank you in advance! 

I'm based out of Houston. I had a similar story to you in that I started reading and learning about how to escape the 9-5 and retire off of "passive income." I left my career in healthcare administration to pursue real estate investing full time last year. I would love to connect. Always good to have like minded friends in other areas! With you being in contracting, you are definitely someone I would like to know.

Congrats Joshua for starting your real estate investing. I recently dove into my first fix & flip in St. Louis. If you need any references for property mgmt, let me know how I can help.

Hey @Joshua Mazzotti Soto !

Welcome to BiggerPockets! You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What’s the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

1.Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

2.Attend the FREE WEBINARS

3.Attend a Meetup in Your Area / virtual meet ups

4.Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

5.Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions! If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

Good luck,

@Joshua Mazzotti Soto . Hi Josh! Welcome to the club. I just purchased my son's duplex since he relocated to Dallas. I've been helping clients by and sell residential real estate for the past 11 years. Finally venturing off into the investment side. Looking to create passive income, have control of my listing inventory, and help add value to St. Louis neighborhoods. I'm trying too learn as much as I can on how to acquire off market deals. We're kind of in the same boat. If I can be of assistance, let me know!

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to BP and the real estate world as a whole. I would like to start investing in properties around the St. Louis area. The ideal situation would be multi family homes that I could house hack or maybe a SFH to just rent out. Any advice on getting started or where to go to get started especially in the St. Louis market would be great appreciated

Thanks!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you