Las Vegas Real Estate Investing Newbie

4 Replies

Hello, 

First forum post! I am just beginning the process of real estate investing and live in the Las Vegas area.  I have narrowed my strategy down to buy and hold rental properties.  I am currently reading the The Book on Rental Property Investing and am trying to analyze 2-3 properties a day for practice.  Really just looking for connections of all types right now.  Would love some insight as to what is working for others in Las Vegas right now, as it is so expensive.  Thanks all!

Welcome to BP Cy! Las Vegas is a crazy market! Do you have enough capital for it? If not, you can do very well in the Midwest for better cash flow opportunities :)

Thanks Stephen.  Yes, I am simultaneously looking into Northwest Indiana area.  My Wife has family there so we have some connection.  I have read that long distance investing is not ideal for your first experience.  Having boots on the ground and being close to the property would be better.  We hope to have enough capital by December to put a down payment on a house between 80K and 100K.  I am not opposed to the private lending options, it is just an extra fold into the process that I am not very familiar with.  

Welcome to BP @Cy Frederick ! Analyzing deals like that on a consistent basis are a great place to start learning, familiarizing yourself with the numbers, and practice in general.  Wishing you the best of luck in the Las Vegas area!

Originally posted by @Cy Frederick :

Hello, 

First forum post! I am just beginning the process of real estate investing and live in the Las Vegas area.  I have narrowed my strategy down to buy and hold rental properties.  I am currently reading the The Book on Rental Property Investing and am trying to analyze 2-3 properties a day for practice.  Really just looking for connections of all types right now.  Would love some insight as to what is working for others in Las Vegas right now, as it is so expensive.  Thanks all!

Cy, glad you joined!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you