Newbie looking to network in Dallas, TX

Newbie looking to network in Dallas, TX

Member since 2008 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Currently, I am in the demolition and excavation business here in Dallas, TX. However, I have been observing the landscape here and I find custom home building to be lucrative. Especially, in the Park Cities area & the newly up and coming Lower Greenville area. For example, the homes in the Park Cities area appraise for around $500K + and in the Lower Greenville area, home owners are being offered around $200K for their properties. You may ask how do I know this. I must confess that the majority of these custom homes that are being built, the company I work for demo and excavate many of the properties. However, I am looking to either custom build homes ( in low income areas) or rehab properties in low income areas. Which I personlly think will be a win-win situation for both the community and myself. The thing that stops me short of my goal is the financing of building custom homes or rehabbing homes in low income areas. The idea seems perfect but getting profit gaining financing with less than perfect credit makes it seem like an uphill battle. I am open for suggestions.

0
Topic locked
10 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2008 · 149 posts · 4 votes
    20y

    Sims, have you gotten into the custom home building world yet? There are plenty of helpful lenders on the site who can help you with your financing needs. Jump back on board, the site has really picked up!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Select a State · Member since 2010 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    16y

    I have a friend in Dallas Texas that is also in the networking business that could help you out. If you are interested send me a private message and I will reply back with his details. Phone number, email, fax, etc.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Homeowner · Member since 2010 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    16y

    Hello please contact me in regards to partnering up. I too live in Dallas.

    Originally posted by sims06:
    Currently, I am in the demolition and excavation business here in Dallas, TX. However, I have been observing the landscape here and I find custom home building to be lucrative. Especially, in the Park Cities area & the newly up and coming Lower Greenville area. For example, the homes in the Park Cities area appraise for around $500K + and in the Lower Greenville area, home owners are being offered around $200K for their properties. You may ask how do I know this. I must confess that the majority of these custom homes that are being built, the company I work for demo and excavate many of the properties. However, I am looking to either custom build homes ( in low income areas) or rehab properties in low income areas. Which I personlly think will be a win-win situation for both the community and myself. The thing that stops me short of my goal is the financing of building custom homes or rehabbing homes in low income areas. The idea seems perfect but getting profit gaining financing with less than perfect credit makes it seem like an uphill battle. I am open for suggestions.


    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    16y

    The original thread here is five years old. Thread closed.

    0
    Topic locked