Pueblo, Colorado newbie

6 Replies

Hello, I am Travis Arguello. I am looking to start investing in southern Colorado; Pueblo, Cañon City, Colorado City and southern Colorado Springs. I am currently working on getting my real estate license in Colorado and would appreciate any advice on passing the test. I do not have any experience in real estate as of yet, but I plan on buying my first rental within the next year. My overall plan is to buy and hold and eventually get into BRRRing properties.

Hello @Travis Arguello , welcome to BP! Congratulations on pursuing a real estate license. I passed my test in January and I thought the State part of the test was more difficult than the National part. The section with the most questions are as follows for the test:

State

1. Colorado forms and contracts

2. Requirements governing licensee activity

3. Brokerage relationships

National

1. Contracts

2. Practice of real estate

3. General principles of agency

I hope that helps you narrow down your studying some. Good luck!

@Travis Arguello similar ambitions. Keep in mind, as a real estate agent like me, not only will it take time to procure buyer and seller leads, but also you will restart your credibility to buy any property conventionally because you will need to prove business income for a few years. Without a w2 income, get to know creative lenders and high interest deal very intimately.

As for the test, you’ll be fine, once you get in the field no one cares about how many times it took you to pass. Brokers care about 1 thing, closings! And that comes from 1 source, lead gen. Simple, but not easy.

Best of luck my man!

Originally posted by @Travis Arguello :

Hello, I am Travis Arguello. I am looking to start investing in southern Colorado; Pueblo, Cañon City, Colorado City and southern Colorado Springs. I am currently working on getting my real estate license in Colorado and would appreciate any advice on passing the test. I do not have any experience in real estate as of yet, but I plan on buying my first rental within the next year. My overall plan is to buy and hold and eventually get into BRRRing properties.

Travis, great to have you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you