Moving to Peoria, Illinois. Looking to network

7 Replies

Hi!

My name is Andrew Sucato, I am 22 and finishing up my last semester of school at the University of Alabama, and recently accepted a job with Caterpillar in Mossville, Il.  I will be moving to the Peoria area this summer and have been looking at a lot of duplexes to house hack as my first investment.  I don't want to stop there though, Peoria seems like an area that is growing rapidly and it appears like there may be a lot of opportunity for investments in the future when I am a little more established :)

I would love to connect with some of you in the Peoria area and get your thoughts and experiences on the area over a phone call and whenever I get in town a cup of coffee!

Have a great day!

Andrew Sucato

@Andrew Sucato

Congrats on the new job!  There's tons to do here in Peoria.  Lots of good food, music concerts (covid has slowed those down for the time being) and a really interesting history!  I'm an investor and a real estate agent in Peoria.  Would love to connect!

@Mike Curry thanks for reaching out, I dropped you a private message!

@Tracy Morris I was actually just in Peoria this last weekend and got to see a lot of it, and really enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would! Went down Grandview Dr. which was super fun and got to hang out downtown and in Peoria Heights for a bit. Would love to connect, I'll shoot you a message and we can set up a time to chat!

Originally posted by @Andrew Sucato :

Hi!

My name is Andrew Sucato, I am 22 and finishing up my last semester of school at the University of Alabama, and recently accepted a job with Caterpillar in Mossville, Il.  I will be moving to the Peoria area this summer and have been looking at a lot of duplexes to house hack as my first investment.  I don't want to stop there though, Peoria seems like an area that is growing rapidly and it appears like there may be a lot of opportunity for investments in the future when I am a little more established :)

I would love to connect with some of you in the Peoria area and get your thoughts and experiences on the area over a phone call and whenever I get in town a cup of coffee!

Have a great day!

Andrew Sucato

You are in a good company Andrew!

Welcome to Peoria! I was born and raised here, and now am an investor in multi-families around the area, building that business in addition to working a full-time gig. 

There's some good duplexes around for house-hacking. You are wise to start young! Plenty of time to grow passively.

Hey @Andrew Sucato !

Welcome to BiggerPockets! You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What’s the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

1.Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

2.Attend the FREE WEBINARS

3.Attend a Meetup in Your Area / virtual meet ups

4.Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

5.Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions! If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

Good luck,

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you