Getting into Real Estate

6 Replies

Hey BP! I am very new to the site but I am finding tons of great information. I am 18 years old and I graduate in a couple months and I want to get into real estate. I was writing this post to see if anyone had suggestions as too what would be the best route for a beginner like myself to follow. I am open to anything and here to learn!

Hey @Grant J Stanley !

Welcome to BiggerPockets! You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What’s the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

1.Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

2.Attend the FREE WEBINARS

3.Attend a Meetup in Your Area / virtual meet ups

4.Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

5.Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions! If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

Good luck,

Originally posted by @Grant J Stanley :

Hey BP! I am very new to the site but I am finding tons of great information. I am 18 years old and I graduate in a couple months and I want to get into real estate. I was writing this post to see if anyone had suggestions as too what would be the best route for a beginner like myself to follow. I am open to anything and here to learn!

Grant, great to have you!

Welcome to the site @Grant J Stanley ! Happy to have you join us. As I'm sure you've seen, there is TONS of information out there and you can (and should) be constantly learning. It's very important to do that as you get started.  You want to make sure you understand the processes as much as possible, your different approaches/methods of entry, different markets, etc. You don't want to overanalyze things, but you shouldn't jump in blindly either. As you dive down different rabbit holes to learn, find what interests you, and continue to ask questions based off of what you hear and read! Wishing you the best of luck moving forward and as you graduate! Let me know if I can help in any way

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you