Meetups in OKC Metro? NEWBIE INVESTOR

3 Replies

Does anyone happen to know of any meetups that are still being held in OKC or close to? I am hungry to expand my knowledge, network and to bring some sort of value to others. I am experiencing massive amounts of gravitational pull as I try to launch my real estate venture into the atmosphere. Being 19 years old and having friends who are just now graduating high school it is easy for me to make excuses for not starting, but in reality, I have been saving a large pool of money for the past two years and reading lots of books on real estate. I also have a lot of construction experience, which I know will go a long way. I know that surrounding myself with investors who are out there getting it done will inspire and show me what it really takes to get started. 

Originally posted by @Nathan Helm :

Does anyone happen to know of any meetups that are still being held in OKC or close to? I am hungry to expand my knowledge, network and to bring some sort of value to others. I am experiencing massive amounts of gravitational pull as I try to launch my real estate venture into the atmosphere. Being 19 years old and having friends who are just now graduating high school it is easy for me to make excuses for not starting, but in reality, I have been saving a large pool of money for the past two years and reading lots of books on real estate. I also have a lot of construction experience, which I know will go a long way. I know that surrounding myself with investors who are out there getting it done will inspire and show me what it really takes to get started. 

Nathan, glad you joined!

Hey @Nathan Helm  !

Welcome to BiggerPockets! You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What’s the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

1.Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

2.Attend the FREE WEBINARS

3.Attend a Meetup in Your Area / virtual meet ups

4.Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

5.Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions! If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

Good luck,

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you