New Agent/Investor from Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky

New Agent/Investor from Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky

Real Estate Agent · Florence, KY · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 10 votes

Hey Bigger Pockets Community, my name is Brett Slusher. I just finished my football career at the University of Kentucky and I recently became a real estate agent in Northern Kentucky (with plans to get my Ohio license to practice in Cincinnati as well). I work for HUFF realty in Florence, KY. I currently specialize in residential real estate but I plan to transition to commercial real estate as time goes on.

I graduated with a degree in accounting but decided to pursue my passion for real estate straight out of college. Nothing against accountants, but it only took one summer internship for me to realize that wasn't for me. I have been licensed for about 3 months now and love it so far. I have no prior experience in real estate other than reading books on the subject. I have not yet purchased my own investment property, but I plan on buying a duplex/triplex to house hack once I have enough saved up for the down payment within the next 2 years. My long term goal is to accumulate enough passive income through real estate investing that will allow me to do real estate at my leisure. I joined bigger pockets because I became very interested in real estate after reading the books on house hacking and how to invest in real estate.

I look forward to connecting with everyone in the Bigger Pockets Community and learning from great investors all over the country!!

6Reply
70 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 15 votes
5y

@Brett Slusher I’m moving to central Ohio and looking to connect and collaborate!

See this reply in the discussion

20 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Cincinnati/Fort Thomas, KY · Member since 2015 · 206 posts · 183 votes
    5y

    @Brett Slusher my daughter graduating this spring in interior design and business communications has similar plans . I would love to connect and talk to you. I have done long term, student, vacation rentals, flipping and private lending. I enjoy talking to young investors that are hustling out there. You are on the right track.

  • James WilcoxBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 602 votes
    5y

    @Brett Slusher Welcome to BP and the forums. Seems you got a good plan just need to find the right property. Good luck with all your future REI ventures.

    REI James w/ eXp Realty54 Reviews
  • Cincinnati · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Brett Slusher in Walton area and would love to connect.

  • Real Estate Agent · Burlington, KY · Member since 2018 · 206 posts · 232 votes
    5y

    Welcome to the forums man! I'm a local NKY investor and agent as well. If you ever want to talk or get together, I'm always excited to chat real estate with others. Good luck moving forward!

  • Real Estate Agent · Florence, KY · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Sandra Morrison hi Sandra!! I would love to connect and learn from you and what you’ve done so far. I accepted your connection request!! Thank you so much!!

  • Real Estate Agent · Florence, KY · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @James Wilcox thanks James!! I sent you a connection request. I would love to learn about your Lexington investments. I loved over state street for a few years a see huge potential in housing close to campus

  • Real Estate Agent · Florence, KY · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Bryan Boudreaux sent you a request! Appreciate it Bryan!

  • Real Estate Agent · Florence, KY · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Zachary Elliott thank you Zachary!! Would love to connect and learn more from you, especially about our market. Good luck going forward as well!

  • Real Estate Agent · Florence, KY · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Zachary Elliott thank you Zachary!! Would love to connect and learn more from you, especially about our market. Good luck going forward as well!

  • Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2016 · 146 posts · 135 votes
    5y

    @Brett Slusher welcome to the BiggerPockets community. I'm a full time agent/investor here in Louisville. I'm also a HUGE University of Kentucky sports fan, and a former resident of Northern Kentucky in my early 20's. So we should have plenty to talk about if you want to meet up sometime for coffee, lunch, happy hour, you name it. 

    @Beau Hollis and I also host a monthly investor club/meetup from 6-8 pm on the first Monday of every month in Louisville, and would love to see you there. Great for networking and education. You can find out more and register for the next event here: https://www.meetup.com/Louisvi... 

  • Chad RockeBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 383 posts · 181 votes
    5y

    Hey @Brett Slusher!

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What’s the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

    1.Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

    2.Attend the FREE WEBINARS

    3.Attend a Meetup in Your Area / virtual meet ups

    4.Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

    5.Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions! If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

    Good luck,

  • Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    @Brett Slusher I’m moving to central Ohio and looking to connect and collaborate!

  • Real Estate Agent · Florence, KY · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Brad Noe I’ll take you up on that!! Would love to talk and learn as much as I can. I will connect with you and Beau and shoot you a message. I would love to make the trip down to Louisville soon. Oh and I especially appreciate you being a cats fan even though you’re in Louisville!! Go Cats!!!

  • Real Estate Agent · Florence, KY · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Chad Rocke thank you Chad!! I greatly appreciate the hospitality!

  • Real Estate Agent · Florence, KY · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Mia Duncan hey Mia!! Congrats on moving over to Ohio. I would love to connect and collaborate!

  • Rental Property Investor · Louisville & Indianapolis · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Welcome to the forums Brett! The northern KY market should be a great place for you to get started.

    If you can pull off a house-hack near campus you’ll have great revenue for as long as you want it. The region south of Cincy just keeps growing as well.

    Hit me up the next time you are in Louisville and let’s grab coffee or lunch.

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Welcome aboard, Brett! This is a great place to learn and to meet people so take advantage of all the great resources.

    -Julio

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    @Brett Slusher

    Welcome to the BP community! Great that you joined the site!

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    I hope BP helps you achieve your goals!

  • Real Estate Agent · Florence, KY · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @William Cravens thank you William! I appreciate it. Would love to grab coffee next time I’m in Louisville. A lot of love out of Louisville in this thread!

  • Real Estate Agent · Florence, KY · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Julio Gonzalez thank you Julio. I appreciate it!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.