• Oakland, CA
Votes |
Newbie from SF Bay Area

Pria H.
  • Investor
  • Oakland, CA
Posted Jul 15 2013, 18:11

Hello BP Community,

I just wanted to make the official introduction, and say how excited I am to have discovered this website. I've read lots of the guides, and blog posts, and forums, and I can't seem to get enough.

I currently live in the San Francisco Bay Area (Oakland, specifically). My husband and I are getting more serious about starting on our goal of buy and hold investing, specifically, acquiring a handful of income properties over the next 5 years.

We've been landlords before when we rented out our old house in Los Angeles for 2 years, after moving back up here. We recently sold that house and are looking to reinvest in a multi-unit property. Our focus is in the Sacramento area, which is much more affordable than the Bay Area, yet only an hour and a half away. We've also had our eyes on other nearby cities, e.g. Modesto, Stockton, etc. but seem most comfortable with Sacramento and its surroundings.

We have tons of questions and potential scenarios that we'd love advice on, and hope to get some clarity through this site.

Thanks!
Pria

Loading replies...