New from Boston, MA

5 Replies

I gotta say this place is great! I came across it by mistake about a week ago and decided to sign up today. I was looking at jobs and saw an advertisement for Real Estate Arena. Did a yahoo search for "real estate arena scam" to see if there was any dirt on the company and it led me to a thread on this board.

From there I couldn't stop reading all the insight and wonderful tools this community has.

A little background of myself. Graduated from college a year and half ago. I have been working in the financial services industry since I got out but I am already completely bored and unmotivated to continue on this course. Over the last 8 months I have been reading a few books, doing research and just keeping and eye on the real estate market.

I have found it to be incredibly addicting and interesting learning about RE investment strategies. I'd like to take the next step and actually make an investment in a flip house. At this stage in the game this is the area of most interest to me. I enjoy doing hands on work/project work so not only should I make a profit but I can do something that I am passionate about.

I have decided to sign up here because there is a wealth of information and I could certainly use any advice and feedback as I go through this process.

Thanks for the great forum!!

Hey there! We're glad you found the site "by mistake!" There is simply so much information on this site . . . I hope you put it all to good use and get out there soon for your first deal. Be sure to ask any questions you've got. Don't worry . . . ask, even if you think it is a dumb question (there are no dumb questions!).

Glad to have you and welcome to BiggerPockets!

BTW - Where in Boston are you from? I used to live in Brighton.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

In terms of where in Boston....well I actaully live North Shore almost in NH. I just say Boston in general terms so people know my whereabouts. It only takes me about 30-35 mins down 95 to get to Boston.

Brighton is a pretty young area, not sure how long ago you lived there but quite a few college kids around there sommerville, allston..etc

I just listed a bank owned 3 family in Lowell. This property needs a lot of work, but has plenty of potential. If you want to learn more about it, give me a call or shoot me an email. There are a bunch of foreclosed 2-3 families in Lowell, so there is plenty to choose from if this area is of interest.

Good luck to you.

John LaBelle
RE/MAX Prestige

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you