Eager to begin, and so many choices and fear! An intro:

Eager to begin, and so many choices and fear! An intro:

Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 5 votes

Hello my BP friends!
Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm a 24-yr-old, full-time keyboard monkey making about 67k a year in Florida (born-and-raised) working in construction. I enjoy my job plenty, but it doesn't hold a candle to my dreams of more time with my future family and freedom to pursue entrepreneurship without working for basic living expenses. I have been watching RE junk food for around a year now but I recently picked up a pro membership on BP and looking to take action! However not yet a decisive one...

Fortunately (and unfortunately) I am a dreamer with many interests and skills. Definitely a jack-of-all-master-of-none. There seems to be many directions I'd like to go in real estate, but I know for a best initial success (and for my sanity) I should be picking on one to start. 

One thing I do know is unless there are overwhelming reasons I shouldn't, I'd like to stay in Florida since I'd like to think my connections and ground-understanding gives me a homefield advantage (at least to start).

Interest-wise, my gut is pulling me towards creating unique experiences for tenants/guests (top-notch AirBnB's and RV parks for example). I could try raising capital for this but I'm afraid it's risky and maybe picking up a Small Multifamily would be a good place to start, knock out my housing expense, and then I can leverage the property to go for the former. Am I making any sense here?

It's my hope to meet lots of you here on the forums and hone-in on a path to take for Class 1 Financial Freedom!

Best,

Grant

2Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Forney, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 399 votes
4y

@Grant Anderson, welcome to the BP community and thank you for sharing your story! Wishing you nothing but success! 

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Forney, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 399 votes
    4y

    @Grant Anderson, welcome to the BP community and thank you for sharing your story! Wishing you nothing but success! 

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Glad to have you on the forums, Grant! 

    You came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing

    Welcome aboard and best of luck investing!

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Grant Anderson

    It’s nice to have you here!

    This is a great forum with very knowledgeable members that will help to guide you in the right direction.

    If you haven’t checked it out already, the Bigger Pockets blog features links to their awesome podcast and many great articles: https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/


    The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. For example, if you are looking to connect with other members near you, want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could start your search here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.