South Florida Markets?

14 Replies

Currently in the early stages of looking for a market to focus in and would love to invest in-state (Miami resident). Are there any markets you guys would consider worth looking into? I see a lot of talk surrounding Jacksonville - any others that would be worthwhile? 

Maykol it really depends on what you are looking to do. Hard to find buy and hold here in South Florida but you can still find some good deals to Flip as long as you are finding them off market. Hope that helps

Originally posted by @Emanuele Pani :

Maykol it really depends on what you are looking to do. Hard to find buy and hold here in South Florida but you can still find some good deals to Flip as long as you are finding them off market. Hope that helps

Hey Emanuele I'm looking for deals so let me know if you come across anything locally. Thanks buddy!

Originally posted by @Erik H. :

Hey @Maykol Au ,

Our system is showing lots of hits for good investments in Jacksonville, Orlando, and West Palm Beach.  Lots of undervalue deals and hidden potential.

Happy Hunting 

Your "system" is showing lots of undervalue deals in West Palm Beach? Mind sharing an example or two?

Hey @Maykol Au ,

Our system is showing lots of hits for good investments in Jacksonville, Orlando, and West Palm Beach.  Lots of undervalue deals and hidden potential.

Happy Hunting 

I think your system has wishful thinking lol for West Palm Beach!

Originally posted by @Brian Garrett :
Originally posted by @Erik H.:

Hey @Maykol Au ,

Happy Hunting 

Your "system" is showing lots of undervalue deals in West Palm Beach? Mind sharing an example or two? 

Hey Brian,

733 Green St, West Palm Beach, FL 33405 showed up for Greater Margins researches over the weekend.  Sliding in right at or undervalue plus the possibility for additional rental on the same property.

427 Maddock St, West Palm Beach, FL 33405 also references undgrades with multifamily potential.

Originally posted by @David Sicherman :

Hey @Maykol Au ,

Happy Hunting 

I think your system has wishful thinking lol for West Palm Beach!

Hey David,

I guess it depends what each investor is wishing for.  Properties like 845 High St, West Palm Beach, FL 33405 have turn key rental potential and upgrades in 2013.

Hey David,

I guess it depends what each investor is wishing for.  Properties like 845 High St, West Palm Beach, FL 33405 have turn key rental potential and upgrades in 2013.

I wouldn't touch at that price, but I'm not buying retail for "potential".

Originally posted by @Brian Garrett:

Hey @Maykol Au ,

Happy Hunting 

Hey Brian,

733 Green St, West Palm Beach, FL 33405 showed up for Greater Margins researches over the weekend.  Sliding in right at or undervalue plus the possibility for additional rental on the same property.

427 Maddock St, West Palm Beach, FL 33405 also references undgrades with multifamily potential.

What metrics is your system using to determine if a deal has potential?

More specifically what makes you feel the 2 addresses you provided are good buys?

Palm Beach County has several good areas to invest in. Our main iinvestment type is in the class c multifamilly asset type. Mostly single story 2 and 3 bedroom units that rent for $1200 to $1400 per month. We try and stay away from rough areas like parts or Riviera Beach, Belle Glade, east Boynton Beach, Lantana etc. Our investors have been purchasing apartment complexes and single family units in Lake Worth, Palm Springs and Greenacres for 110K to 130K per unit that rent for around $1300 per month.

Our company manages over 500 apartments and single family homes in this area and most of investors continue to purchase so I feel like this area is a good buy and hold location but I was wondering how the BP members view this sub market? Any thoughts?

@Glenn Gurvitch I own properties in Palm Springs and West Boynton.  In palm springs you can definitely get the numbers you mentioned, but need to be wary of ones with HOAs then the numbers don't really work unless one is willing to self manage.

We have plenty of people from California and overseas buying here so these prices seem like a jackpot to them, keeps demand going for now. I've been looking out of state past year and booking profits on some of my units here. Owned too much in HOA communities, needed some diversification from that.