Finding deals from the MLS

4 Replies

Anyone having success finding deals from the MLS in Houston, Texas? There were a couple properties I wanted to submit an offer on. I always need to offer below the listing price for my numbers to work but it seems that everyone else seems to bid above the listing price so I am just not having any luck with this route... Thank you

I'll keep my reply simple - no! That's why I stopped skimming the MLS daily. I'd rather spend that same time finding other leads

Looking forward to seeing what others say.

Originally posted by @Brian Alfaro :

I'll keep my reply simple - no! That's why I stopped skimming the MLS daily. I'd rather spend that same time finding other leads

Looking forward to seeing what others say.

Hi Brian, thank you for your feedback. I am looking at possibly using ListSource and found this article on how to use it:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/member-blogs/5253/38757-using-listsource-to-find-potentially-motivated-sellers

I will give this a go and hope it works!

Originally posted by @Ben M. :

Anyone having success finding deals from the MLS in Houston, Texas? There were a couple properties I wanted to submit an offer on. I always need to offer below the listing price for my numbers to work but it seems that everyone else seems to bid above the listing price so I am just not having any luck with this route... Thank you

@Saj Shah does it in Oakland by spotting inefficiencies and listing errors, like the out of town agent with a listing that doesn't know how to use the local MLS, or where the square footage is too big for the listed bedroom count. He talks about it here.

@Ben M. Good call, Ben! I use ListSource often to find potential leads. 

Finding the leads is easy. Convincing them to sell to you is another. Houston is a saturated market when it comes to investors and wholesalers. You might reach out and find you’re the third, fourth or fifth person to contact them. Especially if they’re “motivated” by the way of tax liens, pre-foreclosures, etc....

Just make sure you have a plan of attack to close! 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here