Look for financing a mobile home park with 20-25% down

2 Replies

Hello,

I am looking to finance a mobile home park in Illinois. I have 20-25% to put down. Purchase price is $295,000. Cap rate is ~12%. Can provide more numbers and financial background on myself. I have great credit ~790 (last I checked). No bankruptcy or defaults on loans.  Any recommendations on banks/lenders willing to finance the loan would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Frank

Hey @Frank Calderone ! I am a newbie..figuring out how I am going to finance my 2nd property has been my #1 hurdle.

A friend from BP, offered me some advice--he said, quit being a baby and call some banks.  He also said that talking to banks/lenders is way more informal than you think, you just have to get over your fear of looking stupid/getting rejected and do it.

So anyways...I recently walked into a couple local banks, asked to speak to someone about REI financing. I sat down, introduced myself, told them what I was trying to do, and asked what I needed to do to be a desirable candidate for their loan. They spelled everything out for me and now I am clear with what I have to do.

The banks I went to all said to have: good credit score, 20% to put down, a Debt to income ratio under 43%, 6 months of the mortgage saved up in savings/checkings/roth account and 2 months of my current mortgage saved. 

Im sure you situation may be different because it's a mobile home park BUT the solution is the same. Call up some banks and see what they require. Remember that they want to loan you money, so the phone call/visit is a business lead for them!  

Thank you very much @Justine Scheuher! I really appreciate it and will take your advice!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here