Graduating college but considering another field. Will I eventually be able to find a job?

Graduating college but considering another field. Will I eventually be able to find a job?

Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 0 votes

I'm graduating college with a Bachelors in Business Management in December.  The job scene still isn't great and I know a lot of people with similar degrees who can't find work.  I'm considering going to work in the ND oilfields for a year or two.  They are paying about 100k a year with no experience although you have to work like crazy and housing scene isn't good.  I would save up and invest every dime possible with the ultimate aim to use the money to buy rental properties when I return.  It would be nice to have some easy money (easier than working for it at least) coming in for the rest of my life.

Question is, if I take 2 years off, is it likely that I will still be able to use my degree to find a business job?  I have no work experience.

0Reply
7 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 602 votes
    12y

    Maybe go for an MBA and do an internship in the meantime.  I wouldn't base job outlook on the fact your friends can't find good jobs.  Many people are not motivated to apply to a million places or submit their resume to the right headhunters.  I'd also question whether someone with a degree and no work experience could get what would appear to be a blue collar job with a 6 figure income unless you have some connections in the ND oil business.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.