• Rental Property Investor
  • Garfield, NJ
Votes |
Video Application to be on BP Podcast; Trying to meet Josh Dorkin

Sunny Burns
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Garfield, NJ
Posted Nov 29 2016, 05:12

So I submitted my Video application to be on the BiggerPockets Podcast two weeks ago. I've tried following up with email but still had no respond.

I happen to be in Denver this whole week for work, so I was hoping that my video would entice enough interest to garner a meeting with the famous Josh Dorkin and the BP team.

Anyway what do you all think? Would you be interested in listening to my story, I understand that I am a pretty novice investor with only one deal under my belt. But to be honest I feel the large majority of the recent podcasts have been people of such a high level that it can be hard to relate; don't get me wrong they are inspiring, very knowledgeable individuals, and I learn a ton. But for me, I gained a lot in those episodes where people had just done their first few deals, and you could tell that the fear and uncertainty was still real; but I could relate with that and felt comfort in knowing that I wasn't the only one with all the answers.

That being said, I feel my first deal bought in October 2015 was pretty good.
  • Four Family Property in Garfield, Bergen County, NJ for $430,000
  • We put 10% down with no PMI at 3.99% interest for 30 years
  • 4x 3Bedroom, 1 bath units
  • Gross rent while we live in one of the units is $4410/month, ~$53,000 a year
  • We put 
  • After One year, appraised for $550,000 ($120,000 increase)
  • Cash-our Refinanced ~$67,000
  • Wife was able to quit her Job as teacher to be stay at home Mom
  • We are looking for our next property

Anyway let me know if you think this would make an interesting story. Still hoping I get a chance to meet with Josh Dorkin this week. Thanks for listening and watching.

Loading replies...