Off Topic

User Stats

Votes
Matt H
Votes |
Why do I keep on flipping?

Matt H
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:59

I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm constantly flipping my home. I wonder if perhaps this could be like some kind of bad habit. Because I'll move into a house, do some work on it, usually "for me" at first. Then I'll feel like the house is worth so much more and start to feel uncomfortable with having so much dead equity sitting around. So I'll end up flipping it and moving. I've done that like at least 5 times in the last 3 years. Now I bought another house. This time not intending on flipping. However, the basement is in poor shape. So I'm thinking of updating it. So I'm a little worried. What happens if this happens again where I do the basement, and then start thinking about flipping it again. It's always just such easy money though that it's hard to just turn it down. I guess one could always just refinance but you know that's not the same because that's borrowed money. Anyway, anyone else like flipping houses like this, or is it just me who hates moving but like the easy money?

Loading replies...