Investing in Maryland

12 Replies

Hello BP, 

I am an active fix and flip investor in the SF Bay Area. I have good friend in Hanover, Maryland who has some investing experience. We are considering taking on flip projects in Maryland: Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Howard County, Prince George's County. If you are active in any of these markets let me know, I would love to connect and get a better prospective on what's happening locally. Thank you.

I own an investment property in PG and 2 in Calvert.  I'm also a r.e. agent.  Let me know if I can help you.

I am a newbie investor in anne arundel county and the baltimore area. I am actively looking for deals in a 15 mile radius of baltimore, md. I spend two hours everyday searching for houses on my way home from work. It never fails. I find something new everyday. Its very exciting. Im also from the area. I would love to help in anyway possible. I am trying to learn from someone who has done a few deals. It would be great to go through a deal with someone befire i do one on my own. I have my eye on two properties right now. I am going to be getting bids from a few contractors this week to see how much the rehab will cost. One is specifically used for buy and hold purposes but the other can be either or. Both have tremendous equity or will once renovation is complete. 

The areas you listed by the way (from my knowledge) are pretty good areas. Catonsville, Md which is baltimore county has a good community and lots of amenities nearby (Mall, Shops, Schools, car dealerships, grocery stores, etc). I695 is close by also. I personally like Linthicum Heights. Nicer area but less amenities yet still close to highways. Lately i have been driving through linthicum heights and its surrounding areas. I have found a few distressed properties that has not been listed yet or is off market. What exactly are you looking for? Price? Type of property? I am more than willing to help you and learn at the same time. 

@Tammy Vitale I just sent you a PM.

@Shaniqua Dupree thanks for the insight on the area. Yes, I agree, working with an experienced flipper the first time out is the way to go. Keep me posted on potential leads. I am looking for single family homes at or below the median price for the area.

alright ill keep an eye out for you. 

Hello and welcome to the best market (include DC in it) in the country!  The running joke regarding Baltimore is that the City will give you $1000 if you just say you are thinking about buying in Baltimore.  Check out Vacants2Values.org.  That said, while Baltimore is generally less expensive, DC generally has a better return on your flip.  I currently have a listing (I'm also a RE Broker) that just went under contract at $100k.  The same property in DC would be $300-600k (depending on neighborhood).  

I generally buy, rehab, and hold but if I can be of help, just let me know.  

Best, 

Teresa

Oh, forgot to mention a valuable resource provided by a fellow broker in the area. FranklyMLS.com is a database that shows all of the area listings. It is a great shorthand for finding deals in the MLS in that it easily shows (and you can search by) properties that are less than the tax assessed value.

From RealtyTrac:

Cheers,

Bill

Originally posted by @Chris Music :

Hello BP, 

I am an active fix and flip investor in the SF Bay Area. I have good friend in Hanover, Maryland who has some investing experience. We are considering taking on flip projects in Maryland: Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Howard County, Prince George's County. If you are active in any of these markets let me know, I would love to connect and get a better prospective on what's happening locally. Thank you.

I am a new investor, but I would love to shadow and help as necessary (doing administrative work) for PG County deals...I need experience in real estate investing (even though my studies and prior experience is in commercial real estate) and would love to partake in something!

Originally posted by @Marlon Wilson :

Hi @Shaniqua Dupree!

Welcome to Biggerpockets! 

Wishing you all the best!

Hi Marlon, 

Thanks but ive been on BP for some time now. Lol you are the second person to say welcome after a very long time of me me being on here. But i guess its never to late. Lol Thanks!

@Chris Music,

Maryland/DC have great opportunities for investing. As is any market, hire a knowledgeable Realtor. I know PG County, Montgomery, Frederixk (also good for flipping) and DC.

I have found Baltimore to be an especially tricky market even for me ad an agent.  When I look at deals in Baltimore I actually consult with an agent at our Baltimore office. Every block is different in Baltimore and can make a difference on price. If you want a referral to a baltimore agent send me a pm.

This post has been removed.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here