Michael Pursell
  • Hanover, MA
Votes |
Intro to BP and seeking beginner advice

Michael Pursell
  • Hanover, MA
Posted Apr 13 2018, 07:38

Hi BP,

I've recently discovered this community and am very thankful because I feel I was able to course correct my mindset before I made my first big financial decision in real estate. My girlfriend and I have decided that we would like to buy our first home and are currently looking to house hack. We live and work in and around Plymouth County but find that real estate is extremely expensive in this area. I was hoping to do a BRRR but finding something cheap enough in a decent location is proving difficult. We have started a joint account but probably only have enough for 5% down with these prices. We've started the preapproval process and are meeting with a realtor next week. Since I'm new to this whole experience any advice is appreciated (even a book recommendation). I guess what I'm looking to know is if we should continue our pursuit of buying a house in this area, wait to see if the market comes down some, or what strategies others have used in such a high market. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open and ear to the ground, but moving this year is not a must for us.

Thanks for any help and advice

Michael

Loading replies...