Wholesale contracts and source for finding sellers

12 Replies

Hi guys,

I have been researching wholesaling real estate for a while but am having trouble getting my foot in the door. I want to make sure i have the right contracts to do assignments and such in the state of nebraska, and also how i may find a source for sellers as after much research i run into the problem that alot of people have agents or something. 

Any tips on the omaha area and for getting connected? 

Am currently a senior in college and would love to get into the field and possibly work with some of you. 

Thank you! 

Why not just get your RE license and do things the right way? Skirting license laws and harming sellers is not a good way to start out in this industry.  Your reputation is all you have, and once its in the mud, thats it. Game over. 

@Garrett Campbell sent me a message with your email address and I’ll send you the contract I use. As far as finding seller leads that’s hard part. I would start networking, driving for dollars and get some bandit signs. Good luck

@Collin Schwartz runs a great meetup here in Omaha.  Before you do invest a lot of money in education or lists, I would go to a few of these first.  There’s a lot of people that have already been in your shoes and are willing to share information.

Originally posted by @Garrett Campbell :

Hi guys,

I have been researching wholesaling real estate for a while but am having trouble getting my foot in the door. I want to make sure i have the right contracts to do assignments and such in the state of nebraska, and also how i may find a source for sellers as after much research i run into the problem that alot of people have agents or something. 

Any tips on the omaha area and for getting connected? 

Am currently a senior in college and would love to get into the field and possibly work with some of you. 

Thank you! 

I have played with direct mail here in the Omaha area and had pretty decent results. That is probably the easiest way to find sellers. 

I bought a list from List Source and sent three sets of postcard mailers out with about 300 postcards in each mailing. I had a response rate of about 5%. 

Originally posted by @Jacob Skeen :

@Josh Nix hey there. I’ve been looking for some contracts to use here In Nebraska for wholesaling. Would you mind sending me the contract as well?

Bigger Pockets actually has Nebraska purchase contracts if you are a Pro member. I use the general Nebraska Purchase contract. No special contract is needed.

@Garrett Campbell I agree that mailing is one of the best ways to find off market sellers. Consider working with a mailing list broker who can help you get a good mix of lead types. I wouldn't rely strictly on Absentee Owners because they tend to get a lot of offers from all the other investors in your area.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here