• Bergen County, NJ
Votes |
Finally got my first offer accepted

Mark F.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Bergen County, NJ
Posted Nov 13 2019, 15:05

Hey guys and gals,

I know it might not be a huge deal but after checking out properties for over a year and making many offers, I finally had my first accepted! Duplex in Garfield, Bergen county. 2x 2/1 with a finished basement (1/1). Both tenants below market rent and first floor is leaving on their own before I move in. 2nd floor wants to stay but I was going to raise the rent by $50, still well below market. Trying to figure out what I'm going to do exactly as far as which one I'm moving into, first floor and have a coworker/roommate move in or take the basement. I'd like to turn the first floor and basement into one whole unit, making it a 3/2. Still a million things rolling around in my head on what works out for me. Best news is I'm able to use my VA loan so no money in the deal! Minus attorney, appraisal and inspection fees. Haven't gone thru the process with the VA before, just FHA in the downturn. This site and podcast has been great helping me with info and pulling the trigger. Hopefully this goes well and soon after I can start looking for my second property!

Loading replies...