• Real Estate Investor
  • Durham, NC
Votes |
Durham Neighborhoods

Dave Olverson
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Durham, NC
Posted Aug 1 2016, 07:01

Recently, I have been doing some research on the neighborhoods of Durham. As someone who doesn't (yet) live in Durham, I wanted to share my thoughts on the different neighborhoods and let people:

a) tear apart my thoughts if they are incorrect and

b) share their own thoughts on Durham neighborhoods!

Here's are my notes so far:

• Duke Park & Trinity Park - Seems like these neighborhoods have already "arrived". Really good neighborhoods, but properties might be too pricey and deals might be scarce here.
  • Cleveland-Holloway - Currently "arriving" - could be some good deals to be had, but who knows for how long!
  • Albright - Might take a little while longer, but given proximity to Cleveland-Holloway, could be the next up and coming neighborhood.
  • East Durham - REALLY hit or miss. This could eventually be up and coming, but even more so than the rest of Durham, the landscape drastically changes block-to-block. This is a more risky area for investing
  • Forest Hills - Another nice neighborhood on par with Duke Park and Trinity Park, but MAYBE there are still some deals to be found here?

I'd love people's thoughts on these neighborhoods as well as neighborhoods that are a little further away from downtown. Where do people currently invest and what neighborhoods do you focus on?

I am especially interested in a few questions:

• What neighborhoods have good cash flow? A lot of the downtown neighborhoods I assume are good appreciation plays, but there must be neighborhoods further out that are good cash flow opportunities.
  • How do people feel about the Warehouse District?
  • How do people feel about Watts Hospital-Hillandale?

Thanks for playing!

Loading replies...