Property lists and where to find them?

6 Replies

Where do you find property lists for your area?  I've been "driving for dollars" here which is good but I'm also open to starting with a list of homes and targeting that way.  I'm in NC but I'm curious if these lists exist anywhere?  I'm specifically targeting homes that are not on the market.

There are several places you can pull lists, it just depends on what you're looking to target.  For absentee owners, cash buyers, & high equity you can pull from Listsource.com or Realquest (basically the same company one is pay as you go the other is subscription based).  Foreclosuresdaily.com is a good source (they also provide probate info).  Things like vacant and closed lists and code violations from your local inspections department.  Delinquent Taxes can be pulled from Durham County's website data files.  You can also grab probate info yourself from the county, but you'll have to physically go to the courthouse and go through each file to pull address & executor/admin info.

There are a lot of new data feed sources popping up lately, but I don't have any experience with them.  REWW is supposed to be pretty good.

Hope that helps.

Here in Onslow County I go download the delinquent tax list and search owners with the word heir. I have found in this area they tax foreclose after about 10 years if you offer them above the delinquent amount most are willing due to them not getting anything if it forecloses and not using it as a residence anyway. Many of them are just to lazy to try and sell so when you call or mail them they just want it gone.

@Anthony Ross Hello! I collect probate leads for counties in North Carolina. These are leads I pull myself in person at the courthouse for each county. Unlike leads you can order online from a generic website, I can guarantee that the leads I pull are fresh (60 days or less), off market, and I use a ranking system to determine which sellers are most motivated based off of factors such as the executor of the property living in a different state and the amount of siblings the house has been inherited by. These are facts found in the records that are not included in other probate ordering systems. 

Originally posted by @Kelly Conley :

@Anthony Ross Hello! I collect probate leads for counties in North Carolina. These are leads I pull myself in person at the courthouse for each county. Unlike leads you can order online from a generic website, I can guarantee that the leads I pull are fresh (60 days or less), off market, and I use a ranking system to determine which sellers are most motivated based off of factors such as the executor of the property living in a different state and the amount of siblings the house has been inherited by. These are facts found in the records that are not included in other probate ordering systems. 

I've seen your (same) posts a few times. Are you pitching to sell these leads? Or is this your way to tell the OP to check the free public records in the OP's selected county? 

@Chris Martin I do sell Them, but I also tell people they should try searching themselves as well, because there’s great leads in court records. Some would rather buy instead of burning time looking themselves versus others may like the process.