Looking for Personal Umbrella Coverage

4 Replies

I'm looking for personal umbrella coverage. I have a rental property in Connecticut with one insurer, my primary residency with another insurer, and a short-term rental property with another insurer. My primary won't provide me with a policy because they don't insure the other properties. I live in North Carolina for what it's worth. Any suggestions on insurance companies or insurance brokers I should talk to?

@Steve Fitzgerald

I wrap mine in with my personal and auto. I pay right around $1100 for home insurance(185k value), ring insurance for the better half, and umbrella up to 1m. I have had it between $150-180 per year for that last couple years. 

I use State Farm in CT, there is an amazing agent from our meeting that really works hard and she said State Farm is trying to build a better base in CT. They give you a 30-35% discount when you combine. They also have really good rental polices for my single family rentals. 

Originally posted by @Scott Hollister :

@Steve Fitzgerald, 

I wrap mine in with my personal and auto. I pay right around $1100 for home insurance(185k value), ring insurance for the better half, and umbrella up to 1m. I have had it between $150-180 per year for that last couple years. 

I use State Farm in CT, there is an amazing agent from our meeting that really works hard and she said State Farm is trying to build a better base in CT. They give you a 30-35% discount when you combine. They also have really good rental polices for my single family rentals. 

Thanks. I'd be willing to switch my rental property in CT, but I use USAA for my auto and primary residency and absolutely love them. I'm not willing to move those assets. Can you PM me the State Farm Agent's contact info so I can reach out to them?

Steve,

We have several markets for Umbrella that will do it on a stand-alone basis.  One that is very Investor friendly is PersonalUmbrella.com.   They do not offer coverage direct, you will need to access them through an agent.  PM me if you want me to check to see if you would be eligible or if you want me to contact them for NC agents.