Independent insurance agent/broker

4 Replies

I've recently purchased my first SFR rental in Ohio, the Cleveland area in the city of Bedford. Unfortunately, I have been denied insurance coverage from State Farm due to a claim I had on my primary residence 2.5 years ago in CA. We had a tree fall on our house during a crazy winter storm we had that winter, a tree that was across the street, not on our property. So we had no control over the tree or the weather.

Anyway, I would like to see if there is an independent agent recommended who I can contact to see if we can find other coverage. I'd rather not work with a direct agent, like Allstate, State Farm, Farmers etc because they only offer insurance from one company. An independent agent has access to several different companies so we'd have a better chance of finding coverage. Any recommendations?

We have for 30 years used Buckner and Associates for both business and personal insurance

in Ohio. No affiliation other than as customer. Agent's name is Greg

Originally posted by @Charlene McNamara :

I've recently purchased my first SFR rental in Ohio, the Cleveland area in the city of Bedford. Unfortunately, I have been denied insurance coverage from State Farm due to a claim I had on my primary residence 2.5 years ago in CA. We had a tree fall on our house during a crazy winter storm we had that winter, a tree that was across the street, not on our property. So we had no control over the tree or the weather.

Anyway, I would like to see if there is an independent agent recommended who I can contact to see if we can find other coverage. I'd rather not work with a direct agent, like Allstate, State Farm, Farmers etc because they only offer insurance from one company. An independent agent has access to several different companies so we'd have a better chance of finding coverage. Any recommendations?

You want to use Foremost. Most independent agents and all Farmers agents sell it.