Investment strategy in Cleveland

4 Replies

@Nataliya Maydaniv - I see you're fairly new to BiggerPockets... welcome! These broad based questions are sometimes hard to respond to. Especially when you're talking to such a niche group of people. 

Can I ask what strategies you are thinking about doing? I'm sure someone will be able to give you some advice from there :). 

Originally posted by @Nataliya Maydaniv :

Based on recent trends in Northeast Ohio's real estate market, what would you recommend as the most effective investment strategy? Please share your experiences or ideas.

Buy and hold all the way! Cleveland has SOME appreciation, but not enough. Appreciation investing rings bells that sound like 2008 anyways. Buy and hold is safer around here.

Originally posted by @Nataliya Maydaniv :

Based on recent trends in Northeast Ohio's real estate market, what would you recommend as the most effective investment strategy? Please share your experiences or ideas.

I prefer to invest in C & B rental neighborhoods. If you are new or out of state I'd start off with B. C can come with higher cash flow for certain periods but it can also come with increased risk & potential downside loss. If you are not properly capitalized or prepared for the fight C class rentals can be a tough road to travel.

For more info on Cleveland check out The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods.

Hello Nataliya, buy & hold, flips and, for a niche I'm specifically targeting, rent-to-own. Please feel free to contact me for questions. Cheers