Southern Oregon REI Group

19 Replies

One of the things I have notices is that the northern end of our state has plenty of groups and coverage overlaps but southern Oregon has little to no activity.

Is there anyone in southern Oregon that has been successful in the market?

Is there a southern Oregon REI group?

If you are reading this and live in southern Oregon, invite me as a Colleague! 

As far as I've seen, all the REI groups are in/ around Portland. I haven't seen much activity in southern Oregon.

You're right, REI groups are limited. There are two main REI groups that are prominent in PDX, the Northwest REIA and the Rarebird REI group. both meet in PDX monthly, but the NW REIA also meets in Eugene monthly as well. It is not the most convenient but I have heard people make the drive. The president of NW REIA is Grace Widdlecomb she lives in the Southern OR area and makes the drive to back and forth to both location meetings weekly. Her contact info is located on the NW REIA website. She might be a good resource to find out if there are other Southern Oregon REI meet ups outside of the REIA group or know the happenings around that area :-)

I live in Southern Oregon and am in the process of acquiring my first rental property. One of the groups I found while researching is the Southern Oregon Rental Owners Association. I'm planning on joining and attending their meeting next month. http://soroa.net

Maybe some of the folks here on BP who are located in southern Oregon should start one or organize a meet? Go out for pizza and introduce ourselves and discuss what we are all about or what we are looking to do. I'm still in California but I'll be back up there in mid January. 

Originally posted by @Dean Teter :

Maybe some of the folks here on BP who are located in southern Oregon should start one or organize a meet? Go out for pizza and introduce ourselves and discuss what we are all about or what we are looking to do. I'm still in California but I'll be back up there in mid January. 

That sounds great, I'd definitely be interested.  

Hi Adam,

I have a few contacts in the Medford area you should hook up with. Thank you Dawn Smartwood for pointing me out as a reference. I live in Eugene and drive up to Portland and hold meetings in both cities. Between Vancouver and Eugene Northwest REIA has 8 meetings a month, with over 3000 people on our contact email list.

Adam, here's the guy that is having REI group meetings in Medford: Ben Wood of Bear Creek Home Solutions. Please contact me so I can send you his email address. Or look on meetup.com He just got started organizing the group in September and I'm sure he'd love some help.

Please let me know how that works out for you.

Grace

Grace Widdicombe

I am in Portland, you are holding meeting in Portland. Where do you hold your meeting and how can someone join your group. I will be interested to attend your meeting.

Look up Craig Horton in Medford. Long time investor and apartment owner. I believe he runs a rental association meeting but I'm sure he's also involved in or knows if the best investor groups down in that area.

Agbora check out the Rare Bird investor network here in Portland. It's the best group around.

@Adam Smith and @Chris Richey we're in far northern CA (Redding area) but looking to invest in central and southern OR as well as relocate there in a few years. Have you considered starting a So. OR investor's group? If so, we would gladly make the trip for monthly meetings.

We're considering relocating back to Redding, or possibly Bend Oregon from Orange County, CA. I have a niece in Bend, OR that is a real estate broker, @Christine Larsen and a daughter in Redding, CA that is a broker @Anje Walfoort .  Obviously  both are completely different types of markets. As to meetups in Oregon, maybe Chrissy knows of something, or would want to start one! Also, @Jay Hinrichs is very active in Oregon and may have some insight. 

I really like Bend.Lots of good opportunities for growth and just a beautiful and peaceful place.

FYI we have a meetup this next Sunday in Bend.  Anybody and everybody is welcome.

Hi Eric, my daughter is pretty sure they are relocating there soon so this is one of the areas I was looking into for Multifamily opportunities. Nice tax right off to visit grand kids :) - 

Eric, I'll PM you to discuss opportunities in that area. 

-Blake

Hey guys - we have started a new meet up for the Rogue Valley/ Medford - the fist meet up is Jan 27th - check us out at meetup.com and sign up - we would love to meet you and network!

https://www.meetup.com/Rogue-Valley-Real-Estate-Investors-Network/events/236781138/

Looking forward to the meetup in Medford!

So when is the next Medford meeting? Really regretting missing the last one even though I only had one day notice.

This post has been removed.

I don't do the meetup.com thing. Guess I am missing out. One day notice doesn't work, especially on date night. Thanks for the invite though.

Scott,you can go on meetup.com and check the calendar for the meetup group.  There will be a meeting this Friday night in Medford, I think discussing financing options.  I haven't been to one yet (I live 80 miles out), but soon we will be attending regularly.  

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide