Best new agent program in Portland area??

10 Replies

Hello! I  Live in Oregon city and I’m in the process of searching for an online course to obtain my real estate license and from there, of course, finding the right path to pursue training/mentorship. 

Can anyone suggest a good online course option for the RE license? And from there, any suggestions as to which agency to approach for training?  It appears that nearly every agency has a program and I’m trying to find one that is really top notch and supportive.  

Proschools is pretty much the standard for getting your license.   I'm at Premiere Property Group and they have excellent training and mentorship.  Happy to discuss the company if you want to  get in touch with me directly. I've been selling real estate since 2000. There are plenty of good companies out there, just depends what you are looking for. 

Hey thanks for the reply! It’s my understanding that pro schools is now OnlineEd... but I will look into them and see if maybe they are comparable. And to be honest, I’m not really sure what I’m looking for in a training program since this is all new to me! Can you share with me why you liked their program?   or perhaps when I should be looking for based on your experience? 

@Whitney R. the online training is really just about passing the exams.  Go with whoever is the least expensive.  Its the company you decide to hang your license with after you pass the test where you will really get the training on how to be a professional agent.  The online classes only teach you the law not how to write contracts or show property or any of the nuts and bolts - obviously its important to know what the law is but how that is put into action will come from doing real estate so you want a good company who works with new agents who can help you get started. My husband and I are with Premiere Property Group also - it sounds like @Eric Steindler can probably answer questions about the training program - we had our licenses well before moving to Premiere but we have had an excellent experience with them both as agents and investors.  Best Wishes!!  Its a fabulous career.  

As Whitney said it really doesn't matter what company you take the courses from. I suggested Pro Schools (online ed) simply because they are the original company that offered classes and the biggest and the website is super easy to use.  If you want to discuss Premiere Property Group or other real estate companies feel free to give me  a call. I can't post my number in the forum.

Hi Whitney:

I started with Keller Williams, excellent for new agent, they are known for their training programs. They are not cheap by any means, but a great place to start.

Thanks

Say

Originally posted by @Say Teoh :

Hi Whitney:

I started with Keller Williams, excellent for new agent, they are known for their training programs. They are not cheap by any means, but a great place to start.

Thanks

Say

Oh I didn’t realize you had to pay for training? This is the first I’ve heard of this. Good to know though! 

Hello Whitney, 

I think everyone has hit the nail on the head about getting started. The training to get your license is state mandated and going to be about the same. Get a discount from whatever brokerage you're going to affiliate with after you have your license. 

I know Keller Williams has a discount with OnlineEd (send me a message for more info). 

The best use of your time (in my opinion) is to check out and start interviewing the different brokerages. I'd be happy to set you up a time to come chat about KW and I'm sure the folks at Premiere will do the same. I know I talked with Remax, Living Room, Hasson Company, Windermere, etc. before I settled on Keller Williams. 

Best of luck and please reach out if you have any questions!

Mathew

Hi Whitney:

KW do have some paid courses, like their BOLD program which is very good. But what I meant by expensive is their commission split, they do take a lot more of your commission compared to some other brokerage. However, I think that is ok when you are just starting out, the training and the support system is worth it. Also, consider joining a team, you will learn even faster and hit the ground running.

Hope that help clarify a little.

Thanks

Say

Hi! I live in Oregon City too.

I used Online Ed for my course training.

PPG (Premiere Property Group) and Keller Williams both have excellent training programs.  I would recommend starting with either of them.  

Feel free to DM me if you have any other questions :)