Newbie looking at getting a real estate license

4 Replies

Hi!

I'm a newbie who's fascinated with real estate. 

so far, I've listened to 50+ episodes of the BP podcast, and I'm on the verge of ramping up my networking efforts. 

I've renovated my own 2 houses. They got done, and I feel like I did a good job although I don't enjoy doing the work enough to say I'm passionate about flipping. I could see one day partnering with a good GC to do flips, but I'm not sure I want to start there. I think I'm primarily looking to start by helping someone else find deals until I have more of an idea of what I'm doing. I love marketing/technology/software, and I enjoy the idea of doing deals. Long term, I think I'd like to do a combination of wholesaling/realtor referrals/BRRRR. I wouldn't completely rule out flips if I could find a good partner.

I think I'm serious enough about things that I at least want to take the courses for to prep for the real estate exam. I'll probably hold off on getting a license until I have a place to park it. 

Does anyone have good suggestions on good online offerings to prep for the TN Real Estate exam?

There was a thread about this just a couple of days ago (though not specifically for TN).  I couldn't recall the names of any of the places mentioned, so I just googled "real estate exam prep."  I recognized one on the 1st page www.PrepAgent.com.  Keep in mind, I have no idea if it's any good, but I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Jody Schnurrenberger

Google is your friend: This is just one:

http://www.successrealestateschool.com/real-estate-license/tennessee-requirements.php

Debra Grumbach

If I decide to get mine I'll go to TN TREES. My company provides IT support for them, so I have a relationship with them. I don't get any referral fees or anything like that though. 
      They are local to Chatt, but I know they have an online option.

I did my pre-license course, exam prep and post-license course  through realestateexpress.com.  Good luck.

Justin Forehand, Real Estate Agent in AL (#114720)

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.