Skip to content
Texas Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Corbett Brasington
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Whats a realistic amount of time for new GC to bid?

Corbett Brasington
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Dec 6 2021, 15:35

As a new investor I am not at a place where I can estimate rehab within any real level of confidence. There is a matrix I like from Jeffery Norton that uses the ppsf method and I think that is a good place to start as he has the numbers updated for 2021....however, for my own comfort I want a few GCs to go boots on ground after I have locked in a property through a contingent offer. While inspectors can tell me what needs to be fixed that is not the same as here is what is needed to bring the ARV to look like XXXXX.

In my market its very competitive (San Antonio, TX) to the point that I am going to focus on OFF MARKET leads, but the on market are helping me learn and get my reps in.  

As I don't have GC relationships I trust yet what is a reasonable amount of time from "hey I dont know you" to they show up and bid?   I can wait to build GC relationships until I have a deal but the option window is only 7 business days I am concerned that is not enough time to contact, prequalify, have them avail to bid, and get back to me with a bid all while still working my day job.

Also an enormous amount of GCs that I talk to are not registered with the city to pull permits.  These come from referrals. 

Loading replies...