• Fort Worth
Votes |
Full Time Job/Part Time Real Estate Agent

Victor Adewunmi
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fort Worth
Posted Dec 2 2017, 13:59

Hello BiggerPockets Community,

I am gearing up to take my Real Estate exam and looking for advice. Currently, I work weekdays 10:30a to 7p  with the immediate goal of starting out first as a part time Real Estate Agent. I cannot start investing as soon as I would like and I think it's too risky for me to quit my job to be a full time agent. There are many things I can learn by being an agent before zeroing in on my first rental. 

Getting to the point, I am looking for advice on a brokerage that would be able to complement my schedule with available trainings, and has an org structure that I can be successful with. I understand there is work that I have to put in but the work environment and culture is also important to me. 

At the Real Estate school, where I am currently taking courses, they bring in different brokers to present. I admit that Keller Williams and Century 21 seem to be a fit but I would like to hear from others who could shed light on their experience going from a Full Time cubicle to Part Time agent before eventually becoming an investor. 

What steps, or missteps, along the way made the biggest difference and why?

Thank you in advance!

Loading replies...