San Antonio Property Mgr Recommendations??

10 Replies

Hi everybody, I've got two recently rehabbed properties in the SA area-one in Converse (78244) and one on the west side not too far from Our Lady of the Lake University (78207). The Converse is a SF 3/2/2 and the west one is a duplex, 1/1 on each side. I live in Austin, and I've engaged the services of a management company to get these places rented out. Thus far, I am...underwhelmed at best at the job the mgmt co has been doing-(terrible listings, bad photos, spotty communication). So, I'd love some references if anyone has a SA company that they're working with who is doing a great job. Thanks!!!

Originally posted by @Eddie Lehwald :

Hi everybody, I've got two recently rehabbed properties in the SA area-one in Converse (78244) and one on the west side not too far from Our Lady of the Lake University (78207). The Converse is a SF 3/2/2 and the west one is a duplex, 1/1 on each side. I live in Austin, and I've engaged the services of a management company to get these places rented out. Thus far, I am...underwhelmed at best at the job the mgmt co has been doing-(terrible listings, bad photos, spotty communication). So, I'd love some references if anyone has a SA company that they're working with who is doing a great job. Thanks!!!

@jamie Supulveda with Strategic Property Management. He's also a BP member. 

@Sterling Williams thanks, much appreciated!

@Eddie Lehwald , it may be the property manager, but the areas that you mentioned are not the greatest to begin with. OLLU area is ROUGH. I have a commercial building not too far from there and even for commercia tenants it has taken some time to get a good one in there. The residential tenants are still cycling through there. It is not a high income area and people are used to being tenants, in other words, they dont take care of the properties.

Converse is not too bad, but still not the greatest area. Lots of military moving in and out. There are quite a few property managers here in San Antonio that can help you.

@Eddie Lehwald ,

I'd be happy to have a conversation with you to see if we can assist.

@Eddie Lehwald Reach out to us on our website about how we can assist.  Also, try the automated free market estimate provider we have.  You can fill in the basics and get a lot of good information about the area your homes are in within 3 minutes of submitting.  It's really neat! Check it out.  You will love our three tiered pricing and single owner point of contact.  Thank you @Kim Meredith Hampton for the referral! 

I use Profit Realty.  Very happy with them, ease to work with and online access to property info, etc.

Thanks for the recommendations, everybody! I really appreciate it, and I'll be exploring all the options later this week.

@Rick Pozos actually the tenants I inherited in one side of the 78207 duplex are amazing-they take care of the yard and have done some great landscaping improvements, so I got lucky there. There's already been some early warning signs that the management isn't at the top of their game and it's because those areas aren't exactly garden spots that I want management to be strong.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.