HOUSTON, THE WOODLANDS SUGARLAND, TEXAS

7 Replies

Hi all,

I just wanted to confirm that League City, Katy, and Texas City is still considered to be in HOUSTON,, THE WOODLANDS SUGARLAND, TEXAS MSA.

I also wanted to confirm that Boerne, TX is in  SAN. ANTONIO- NEW BRAUNFELS, TX MSA. 

Thank you,

Jason

@Jason Ma. Sugarland definitely considered to be part of Houston. The Woodlands not sure it's in the Houston MSA but further away from Houston Central core. The Woodlands and Conroe are more consistently thought of as a unit. People do commute from Conroe & The Woodlands to work in Houston. 

What connection are you trying to make? 

Originally posted by @Jim Cummings :

@Jason Ma. Sugarland definitely considered to be part of Houston. The Woodlands not sure it's in the Houston MSA but further away from Houston Central core. The Woodlands and Conroe are more consistently thought of as a unit. People do commute from Conroe & The Woodlands to work in Houston. 

What connection are you trying to make? 

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the confusion. The question wasn't if Woodlands and Sugarland is part of Houston (because it is hence the name). Rather, I'm trying to confirm if League City, Katy, and Texas City is still considered to be in HOUSTON, THE WOODLANDS SUGARLAND, TEXAS MSA. I'm 99% sure I'm right just double checking

Originally posted by @Jim Cummings :

@Jason Ma.

Overview of Houston MSA

https://statisticalatlas.com/metro-area/Texas/Houston/Overview

Thank you Jim. This confirms they are part of same Houston MSA.